Re: cupfreq scaling in siemens fujitsu amilo 7830

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:46:36AM +0100, paolo wrote:
[...]
> Thanks a lot the mistake was to don't understand that /proc/cpuinfo is broken!

well, it's not so on every platform... it's simply not *notified* of the
speed change (AFAIU when using CPUFreq and TSC timer)

[...]
> Now my last question is if the cpufreqd take in account
> /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC0/state, because in my laptop it is broken

it does.

> (it's always on-line).  If it's true i have to take in account 8 point
> less in cpufreqd.conf (it's a really good job my congratulations  to

well... it shouldn't hurt anyway: if ac is always on-line every rule
will get the 8 points. So you only have to make sure that _every_ rule
matches the on-line ac adapter state only (or off-line only) to make it
stop bugging.

bye
--
mattia