Screen problems

Hi...

I'm trying to install Debian on my Laptop as I have become very happy for it on my home computer, but it seems that installing debian on a laptop isn't such a trivial task as I first thougt. When the Debian CD is inserted (3.0r1) and I boot my laptop the first debian screen that appears, the one where you have to select which kernel you have to install, everything looks fine as it is supposed to do but when I proceed with the installation, either by just pressing <enter> or by typing bf24 <enter>, the picture is off center, so that I can't see the bottom 3-4 cm and the left 2-3cm of the picture, which is very annoying during the installationsprocess... I first thought that this was mere an installation problem, so I continued as "normal" and got debian installed only to discover that the problem was persistent. Can I do anything to fix my picture so that it is centered?! I'm currently running a Redhat 8.0 so I can see that it is using the driver sis for my graphics card and everything works fine here.

Hope someone can help...

Claus