Re: kernel-image 2.6.2 T 40 IBM

Dne po 23. února 2004 15:57 Martin Wegmann napsal(a):
> >    As a reminder, in order to configure LILO, you need
> >    to add an 'initrd=/initrd.img' to the image=/vmlinuz
> >    stanza of your /etc/lilo.conf
> >
> > I added this line to /etc/lilo.conf (marked with ->)
> >
> > image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
> > 	label=Linux
> > 	initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
> > 	read-only
> > #	restricted
> > #	alias=1
> >
> > image=/vmlinuz.old
> > 	label=LinuxOLD
> > ->	initrd=/initrd.img
> > 	read-only
> > 	optional
> > #	restricted
> > #	alias=2
> >
> > I that correct?
>
> sorry, I found in the meanwhile that I have to add
>
>  image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.2
>  label-Linux-2.6.2
>  root=/dev/hda5
>  vga=791
>

> but why does my "old" image not mention root=/dev/hda5?

root device is common for all present images, so it should be before first or
after all "image=" options.

> what's about the initrd line?
>
> adding initrd=/initrd.img
>
> as described in the synaptic output? do I have to create a initrd.img
> under / ?

So, after some searching through postinst script for kernel-image-2.6.2 I
found, it will create initrd image in boot and place symlink /initrd.img when
needed. It is needed because even ide and ext2/3 support are compiled as
modules.

So correct lilo.conf section for IDE drive should look like this (at least I
hope so -- with selfcompiled kernels I have no need for initrd ;):

lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda5	# Replace with your root partition
default=Linux

image=/vmlinuz
	label=Linux
	read-only