Re: Network on bootup

harry_b@mm.st wrote:
Hi there,

I run sid on my aged Panasonic Toughbook which has Xircom PCMCIA network card.

Somehow I can not get the network card boot up properly so the interface is available after booting the machine.
When I login as root and do:

# /etc/init.d/networking stop; /etc/init.d/networking start

everything is available as it should be.

My /etc/network/interfaces looks like this:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
               address 192.168.1.250
               netmask 255.255.255.0
               broadcast 192.168.1.255
               gateway 192.168.1.1

Any ideas out there how to get it boot up properly?

sure. edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to configure pcmcia-cards.

--
Greetings
Bjoern Schmidt