Re: Network on bootup

Bjoern Schmidt wrote:
harry_b@mm.st wrote:

<snip>

Any ideas out there how to get it boot up properly?

sure. edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to configure pcmcia-cards.

hmm.. don't think i agree with you there.

try removing "auto etho" from interfaces.

the problem is that the network connection is brought up before pcmcia.

if you remove auto eth0 then when pcmcia starts the network card will start. this is the configuration I use with my laptops and I have never had a problem.

afaik editing /etc/pcmcia/network.opts is the old way of doing things and shouldn't really be used this way anymore (altho from memory this is still the way redhat does things - but if you were running redhat you wouldn't be on this mailing list now would you!!)

I have been wrong before but..

Ben.