Re: Laptop booting

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 02:17:21PM +0100, bennyhat@c.dk wrote:
> Hi all!
> I have 2 problems!
>
> First problem:
>
> When I start my debian laptop, I boot the modules first and the
> daemons afterwards. As usual.
> But, in order for my /etc/init.d/networking script to find my eth0
> nic, which is a PCMCIA card, cardmgr has to be started. And since my
> networking script is started before my cardmgr-daemon, It will not
> find my eth0, which makes  it necessary for my to login as root and
> do '/etc/init.d/networking restart', for enabling my eth0 nick.

Good old problem :-)  I and Thomas made update on networking and PCMCIA
on Debian.  It is in testing as debian-reference-en but newer CVS
version is available from web:

  http://qref.sf.net/Debian/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

  specifically: * 10.9.5 Network configuration and PCMCIA

  http://qref.sf.net/Debian/reference/ch-gateway.en.html#s-trigger-pcmcia

HIH