Re: How to mount and access ntfs partition as regular user

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:10:05PM +0100, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
> Bernd S. Brentrup wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 05:15:33PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
>
> >> Only it won't give you unlimited access by root since ntfs partitions
> >> are read only ;-)
>
> > You're right in that the OP mentioned bf24 kerneli (which I overlooked).
> > But I'm running 2.6.1 which has NTFS write support:
>
> The only way to get real write support for NTFS is to use Captive! This uses
> the windows ntfs drivers in the linux kernel and works fine here.
>
> See http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

Thanks for the link but I don't think I'll use this solution.

The only reason for me to have an NTFS partition on my new Vaio PCG-Z1RMP is
the Sony recovery CD requiring a minimum of 10G should it ever be the only
way to bring the machine back to life.

Instead of wasting the space I'm loop mounting a fixed-size NTFS-file.

Thanks
. Siggy