Re: questions on ACPI

On Thursday 22 January 2004 10:17, Russell Coker wrote:

> > APM works here. As does ACPI. Running Kernel 2.6 from sid on an ASUS
> > A1300 laptop.
>
> Do you have apmd installed?  What happens when you do an APM suspend?

Can't say, as I have never done that. I haven't felt the need to. I turn it on
when I need to, and turn it off again when I don't need it any more.

So from my perspective apm "works" as long as the fans start up before the cpu
burns a whole through the keyboard.

ACPI didn't do that before kernel 2.6, so the way I saw it, APM worked and
ACPI didn't. Now I get even better power management with ACPI, so now I only
run that.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.5 on Debian GNU/Linux