Re: 3com office connect 802.11G installation

I got my hostap driver+tools from upstream
http://hostap.epitest.fi/
only because I was not aware that Debian had packaged it - also because
you can get the latest version. The shmoo list I cited is the working
mailing list for the hostap project (I hope we are talking about the
same thing here). The discussion there, if I understood it correctly,
indicates that Intersil was reluctant to disclose the changes they made
in their chipset from 11b to 11g. It seems not only that the hostap
driver would not work with the new chipset, but that it would have
interoperation problems with APs or clients that runs 802.11g. There
seems little doubt that the 3com 802.11g card sports the Prism chipset,
but the chipset is not compatible with the current hostap driver.

Elaine