Re: noflushd: making/having drives spin down.

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 01:36:48PM -0800, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> I have a dell8900 and I can't seam to get the drive to spin down on 2.6.0-test9.  The drive makes
> a noticeable whine that can be heard across the room.  I'd like the noise to go away, that is more
> important than saving battery power for me.
> I'm using noflushd but it has no effect, I also tried hdtune.
I`m using SID on my Workstation and Woody on my Laptop, both with
2.6 er Kernel everything worksfine but why do you use 2.6.0-test9?
I'm using the Kernel source from http://www.backports.org....
Greetings
Thorsten

--
Debian Hint #14: If you would like to follow things happening to a package
(for example, if you want to see bug reports, release notices, and other

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-resources.en.html
(Section 4.11)