Re: wireless network problems

After many, many hours of trying to get my wireless card working with the bf24 kernel in debian woody, I think I've got to admit failure. (Another noob bites the dust!) The card stayed lit, and was correctly identified by both iwconfig eth1 and cardctl ident, but I couldn't connect to the internet. I also tried pump -i eth1 to no avail, and every configuration option I could think of in /etc/network/ interfaces, or in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. I've uninstalled debian to remove the temptation to do any more tinkering. It's frustrating to have gotten so close--I can see what a great system debian provides, and I really admire the noncommercial quality of the project, not to mention the nice people on this list. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. (Although even now I'm looking forward to the release of sarge. Hmm, maybe I'll be able to get things working then... :-) ) For now, back to windows. arrgh.

Tim