Re: Acer TM 803 and fan noise

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 11:46, Martin Röhricht wrote:

> I compiled new kernels 2.4.23 and 2.6.0-test11 with every possible acpi
> and centrino-speedstep support. I installed cpudynd and cpufreqd, but
> the fan still turns itself on. :-/

I own a TM800 with 1.3GHz myself and I noticed the exact same problem:
It looks like the cpu is running full speed all the time, unless I
manually set it to something slower (or choose the "powersave" scaling
governor, which essentially does the same). I haven't had a chance to
look into it again, but from what I've read, cpufreqd should now be able
to set the frequency according to the current sysload. So the processor
would run with 600 Mhz or something like that when idle, but still give
you the full 1.6 Ghz when you need them.

Maybe someone has got a nice config file for cpufreqd who he/she would
share with us?

--
Sebastian 'ttt' Steinlechner
www.resourcecode.de