Re: [OT] Virusses (many!) via list?

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 01:53:17AM +0200, Stefan Goessling-Reisemann wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> since I wrote two messages to the list, I receive approx. 60 virus mails
> per day. Seems that my address has gotten into the addressbook of some
> poor virus-victims whose mail program (Outlook?) now sends out virusses by
> the thousands.
>
> Well, the problem seems to be: my address got into their address books via
> this mailing list. So my question: how can I avoid it? Using a fake From?
> I don't like that, since replying to me would be cumbersome.
>
> Any other ideas?
> Greetings, Stefan

I don't know.

The same thing has happened to me.  Getting about 50 per day myself.
I highly doubt anyone has put my email address in their address book.

If we are not in anyone's address book, then how would this virus
know of our email addresses that we only use for debian-user?

This virus must pluck our email addresses of the archive or something....

Andy