Re: Console blank using ACPI?

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 21:40, ttt wrote:
> I have yet to find a definite solution to using console blanking with
> acpi. With my old desktop pc, I could simply check "console blank using
> apm" in the kernel settings and the screen would switch to standby after
> a few minutes. However, my TM 800 does not support APM, therefore that
> setting has no effect. Screen will go blank after a while, but it's
> clear to see that the backlight is still lit. Same thing under KDE.

Afaik this depends on the graphics chip you are using.
For radeon VGAs there are two possibilities:

1. radeontool http://fdd.com/software/radeon/
2. For Asus notebooks: asus acpi kernel options (iirc the current acpi
patches for 2.4
  have these.

With the asus acpi kernel module switching off the display can be
accomplished with "echo 0 > /proc/acpi/asus/lcd"

hth,

sebas

  Hhhmmmmmmmm  waterbeds for cows  eleet  Culus: why would a cow need a
waterbed?  cas: To be comfy warm