Re: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 - Toshiba Tecra S1

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:44:24AM -0400, Jordan Lederman wrote:
> I have a Dell I8200 with this same chip, and it works beautifully for me....
> here's what you need to do:
>
> 1) Use X 4.3 (Daniel Stones from penguinppc.org)
> 2) Install the xlibmesa4-drm-src package (also found in Daniel Stones
> repository)
> 3) Recompile your kernel and include the xlibmesa4-drm modules
> 4) Tell X to use the 'radeon' driver
> 5) Enjoy X with nice 3D acceleration

Hi Jordan,

were you able to run X without 3D acceleration? What is your resolution?
My panel is capable of 1400x1050 and I only get a black screen no matter
what I try... However, I _do_ see a glitch when the server switches
resolution. After that, nothing... when I kill the server, my console is
restored again.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!