Re: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 - Toshiba Tecra S1

I have a Dell I8200 with this same chip, and it works beautifully for me....
here's what you need to do:

1) Use X 4.3 (Daniel Stones from penguinppc.org)
2) Install the xlibmesa4-drm-src package (also found in Daniel Stones
repository)
3) Recompile your kernel and include the xlibmesa4-drm modules
4) Tell X to use the 'radeon' driver
5) Enjoy X with nice 3D acceleration
	--jordan

On Thursday 04 September 2003 10:21, David Fokkema wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:03:07PM +0200, Oyvind Albrigtsen wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > i just got my toshiba tecra s1, and it's got a ati mobility radeon 9000
> > display adapter.
> >
> > i cant get it to work. i've been searching the net for information on
> > how to make it work, but havent found anything that worked, except for
> > using the vesa driver, which makes my framebuffer screw up. i even tried
> > disabling the framebuffer, because some site said that would do it.
> >
> > i've tried with both the "ati" and "radeon" driver
> > they both give me the message:
> >
> > (EE) No devices detected.
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > no screens found
>
> Did you get it to work already? I bought an ASUS L5800C and it also has
> a radeon 9000. I only get a black screen. Although I don't have the 'no
> devices' error, I'm still interested in your experiences. I use X 4.3
> from experimental and I think that should work...
>
> David
>
> --
> Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
> your ~/.signature to help me spread!

Jordan Lederman                               Technical Coordinator
jlederma@advance.net                             Advance Internet
         (201)239-4092                       http://www.advance.net