Re: WEP problems with poldhu_cs 0.2.13 and 3Com XJack?

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 17:30, Martin Dengler wrote:
>    I see some weird output from iwlist [if] key -- it appears that the
> right encryption key is not being selected: I get "Current Transmit Key:
> [0]" instead of the expected "Current Transmit Key: [1]" (I ran iwlist
> on another device -- Sharp Zaurus -- and saw that output).  Is this
> expected or could this be the problem?

I suspect it's a bug with how the poldhu is reporting the key. I use a
poldhu and get the same report as you, but I wouldn't be connecting if
it wasn't using wep.

If you do iwconfig eth0 key [2], iwlist will then report that it's using
key [1], so the poldu seems to be indexing from zero instead of 1 when
it reports what key it's using.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA