Re: Flickering terminal after upgrade

> In any case, I now boot into KDE, but whenever I exit (like at shutdown), or if I just have the terminal without X running, there is quite a bit of flickering to the screen.  Does anyone have any insight into what could be causing this.

Probably the video chip don't get correctly reset/restored when shifting
back to text mode after X mode, but I'm just guessing (you could of
course drop nVidia a note about it;-)

Anyway, does your laptop have any way to turn the screen off ?  I've got
an acer (geforce2go) that got the same flickering after exiting X but if
I turn the screen off and then hit e.g. space to turn it on again it's
back to normal.
  Hmm, perhaps closeing and opening it to get the same effect (I guess
it'll turn of the screen on closeing) but I haven't tried.

> I also see a thin line of video garble at the top of the screen when I log out of KDE.  It clears up when I get the Login screen, but I have to suspect that it is caused by the same problem.

Same thing on my lap.  I think the video memory is not entirely cleard
when X starts, and should be nothing to worry about.  But again I just
guessing:-)

Regards,
	Emil