Re: Wireless

>1) Wireless, i have a orinoco wireless pcmcia card, it works
> perfectly, but if my AP have WEP Encryption, i set the key with
> iwconfig but i cant go into the net, without WEP it works great,
> anything with this?
well, my orinoco gold card (and serveral silver cards owned by my
school) work perfectly with WEP (all with 128 bit, thanks to apple).
What kernel are you using? I personally use 0.11b I think with the
monitor mode patch applied, with a kernel 2.4.20. sorry for not beeing
able to say more.

> 2) i have Win XP in it, with NTFS, i mount the ntfs, but it get mouted
> owned by root.root and with permision 500, so my normal users cant see
> it, any help?
Well this is what you will find in the manpage of mount:
uid=value, gid=value and umask=value
              Set  the  file permission on the filesystem.  The umask
value is
              given in octal.  By default, the files are owned by root
and not
              readable by somebody else.

so, by passing -o uid, gid and/or umask you can control the permisions
on the ntfs partition (which will be, if im not completly wrong,
readonly anyway).

I hope that could help to solve your problem

yours,
Albert Dengg