Re: ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 April 2003 03:09, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Aryan Ameri wrote:
>> > Does anyone know weather ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility, is supposed to
>> > have 3D support in XFree86 4.3.0 or not? In XFree86's page, there
>> > is no mention about the the mobility cards, and I guess these cards
>> > use a diffrent chipset, than the normal desktop versions.
>>
>> I have the "FireGL" 7800, but the core of that and the 7500 are
>> identical -- it's all in the Windows drivers. :/
>>
>> Anyway, that bitching aside, you can get 3D hardware acceleration
>> with this chipset, yes. I have used it in the past and it works
>> fairly well.
>
> Oh well, I currently have XFree 4.2.1, and I could never get 3D
> acceleration on my ThinkPad A31. If you have access to that computer,
> I would be very thankful if you could send me a sample
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 I guess I am still a newbie when it comes to
> configuring this file.

Hrm. It just worked(tm) for me -- I turned on the AGP and DRM support in
my kernel[1], then loaded the DRM module in X and there it was...

   Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  self-built 2.5, which may have some influence on this.

--
It's disconcerting to realize how little you have to say to
someone who once occupied such a prominent place in your bed.