Re: Now cpuspeed if even better (0.3)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 12:53:36AM +0100, Joel Alexandre wrote:
> when the lid is closed, the cpu frequency is turned down and the cpu
> thorottling is set to the maximum. All this to save battery power and/or
> lower the temperature.
> This can also be done in the command line with the 'min' option.
> On lid openning, the state is restored.
> The thorottling state can also be changed with 'cpuspeed th NUMBER_OF_STATE'

Thanks for the improvements. I'm using your original version, that I'm
very fond of... Anyway, about throttling:

I've experimented throthlling, and I honestly have found no temperature
difference in using throttling 0, 4 or 7 (0%, 50% or 87%)
I've notisted the speed difference, yes. (System responsivness)

My test were done idling for 10 minutes. I've done them either in
cpuspeed high and low. Maybe the results under cpu load will generate a
temperature difference by throttling, but idling I honestly saw no
difference...

Maybe all of you out there could check this behavour?
Thanks

Joao Clemente