Re: SuSe -> Debian

On 13 Apr 2003, Mariano Kamp wrote:

> Hallo Raimund,
>
>   good decision ;-) You'll love the packaging system.
>
>   Let me just double check ... you ran SuSe on this particular notebook?

Yes, I do. Runs greatly without any problems. Everything works.

>  Not beeing an expert myself I would recommend to copy the existing /etc
> directory to your desktop computer. You're right I believe the
> /etc/X11/XF86C* is especially important to copy for future (debian
> installation) reference.

Well, probably not the whole /etc tree but at least all those XFconfig stuff
so in case it's needed I can take a look.

But as another one mentioned it might be the better idea to let SuSE stay
where it is and have Debian on another partition ... so I am able to work AND
to low and behold steal myself to Debian :-))

>  I take it that you had a look here:
> http://www.schlenn.net/~michael/amilo4linux/ and there:
> http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/fujitsu.html?

I didn't ... thank you for the links. I checked them out - they seem to be
equal, aren't they?

> Viel Glück,
> Mariano

Thnx :-))