SuSe -> Debian

Hello there,

I am to change from SuSE to Debian and also am far from being a Power User.
Thus, is there something in specific that I should take care of before trying
to install Debian on my Notebook?  Btw I use a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M ...
anybody having some experiences with that specific machine?

I thought to note everything down what is written in the Xfree directory, so
in case of trouble I should be able to run the XWindow system.

Any suggestions are warmly welcome :-))

Greetings, ray