Re: Acer TM 634 fan always on

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:28:35PM +0200, Emil Pedersen wrote:
> If you know how to compile your own kernel simply choose acpi instead of
> apm (never got anything working with apm on my TM632),

I do know how to recompile. I'm not sure what all the options are that I
should check off though. In make menuconfig under "General Setup" I have
the following (everything is currently UNchecked unless noted):
	Power management support (currently checked)
	ACPI support
		ACPI Debug Statements
		ACPI Bus Manager
	Advanced Power Management BIOS support (currently checked)
		Ignore user suspend
		enable PM at boot time
		make CPU idle calls when idle
		enable console blanking using APM
		RTC stores time in GMT
		allow interrupts during APM BIOS calls
		use real mode APM BIOS call to power off

Would it be correct for me to UNcheck "Advanced Power Management BIOS
support" and CHECK "ACPI support", "ACPI Debug Statements", and "ACPI Bus
Manager"? Are there any other options I need to find? What about any of
the sub-items for APM BIOS support? Should they all be unchecked?

thanks!

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin