Re: Dell Inspiron 4100 Nvidia Gforce2 GO Problem

"bigc5384" <bigc5384@bigc-creation.com> writes:

>                                     I wanted to know if someone can help
> me step by step on how to build a custom kernel and what files I need to
> include the nvidia driver and modules. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

     apt-get install kernel-package

     kernel-package is the Debian Way (TM) to build a kernel.
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz gives detailed instructions
for building a custom kernel.  I don't know what, if any, additional
files are needed for your card.  According to
/usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86/Status.gz, GeForce2 and GeForce3 are
supported by xserver-xfree86 4.2, which is available in sarge and
sid.  I think you should consider upgrading to sid (or sarge).

Regards,

Bob
--
   _