Re: OT: Mutt and specific mbox files...

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 05:50:40PM -0700, Jeff wrote:
> Michael Perry, 2003-Apr-07 16:53 -0700:
> > On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 08:08:56PM -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > > How do I tell Mutt when it opens to go to a specific mbox files in my
> > > home directory? Currently, it always goes to my /var/spool/mail file and
> > > I'd rather it went to ~/Mail/inbox...
> > > --
> > > Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@databasix.com>
> > > Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>
> > > "What do you care what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"
> > >

> > Darryl-
> >
> > Here is what I do.  I tell mutt in my .muttrc file where I want it to
> > look for the spool folder thus:
> >
> > set spoolfile=/home/mperry/mail/Inbox
> >
> > This should go toward the top of your .muttrc file.
>
> What about that command line option "-f <mailbox>"?  I haven't been
> able to make that work though.  Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to
> how this is supposed to work.
>
> jc
>
> --
> Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
> Diggin' Debian		Admin and User

Hi Jeff-

I am able to point mutt at a specific mailbox using the command,

"mutt -f /home/mperry/mail/readmail"

I can also point mutt at another existing folder that I
wish it to read.

If you just run "mutt -f" with no mailbox name it will show you all the
options it takes.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org