Re: Serious crash

[I haven't been following this thread too closely; jumping in late...]

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 09:18:25AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> In fact, after I got Debian reinstalled, I manually went into suspend
> mode and it simply refuses to come out again, or rather it appears to
> start to awaken, but immediately reenters suspend mode, and I'm forced
> to power cycle. I don't know why it does this, but since I know what
> causes it I can just avoid the problem, hopefully, by disabling the
> suspend functionality altogether. Not a huge issue for me since I only
> use it on battery power for 1 or 2 hour periods at most.

Are you in X when you suspend?  For some configurations the video card
(or video bios) doesn't behave too well wrt suspending.  To eliminate
this, try switching to a text-mode virtual terminal first: If
suspend/resuem works there, then X is your problem.

Besides, by switching to vt1, then you might catch a glimpse of any log
messages that could help

HTH

--
Karl E. Jørgensen