Re: USB mouse not working in woody2.4

Ben Southwood wrote:
All you Gurus: I can't work this out! (neither can Google!)

Well, I'm definitely not a guru, but I'm using a USB mouse on Debian, and can try to point out what is different in my setup.

My USB mouse does not work. The lights are on but nobodies home...

but lsmod shows:
Module Size Used by Not tainted
soundcore 3236 0 (autoclean)
radeon 92472 0
ds 6624 2
i82365 22416 2
pcmcia_core 41408 0 [ds i82365]
irtty 7456 2 (autoclean)
irda 138796 1 (autoclean) [irtty]
nls_cp437 4384 4 (autoclean)
cpuid 1184 0 (unused)
apm 9148 2
usbmouse 1760 0 (unused)
hid 18816 0 (unused)
orinoco 29568 0 (unused)
hermes 3296 0 [orinoco]
ieee1394 23528 0 (unused)
keybdev 1664 0 (unused)
usbkbd 2848 0 (unused)
input 3072 0 [usbmouse hid keybdev usbkbd]
usb-uhci 20708 0 (unused)
usbcore 48032 0 [usbmouse hid usbkbd usb-uhci]

Try loading "mousedev" rather than "usbmouse".

So I used usbmouse as driver:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "USB Mice"
Driver "usbmouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
# Option "Buttons" "5"

EndSection

This is what I have:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"USB Mice"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"false"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

You might want to change "CorePointer" to "SendCoreEvents", or maybe you have that option specified in your "ServerLayout" section instead.