Re: Serious crash

"Gary Hennigan" <glhenni@sandia.gov> writes:

> The laptop is a Dell Latitude C840 and the partition type was ext3. It
> was running a mixed testing/unstable version of Debian. I'd really
> like to avoid a repeat of that problem, so if anyone knows what could
> cause such an occurance I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I use the same machine, with the quasi-same software (Pure sarge), have
had some 'hard' reboot, and never fsck problem.

Your idea about s2d (Save to disk) seems to be a good one. I've totally
deactivated this option in my BIOS, and recommand you to do the same...

Hope it can help you.

--
Reality must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature
cannot be fooled.