Re: Mobile modems

With a little more detail:

I have a Sony Ericsson T200 mobile phone, it has GPRS, and a built in modem
(at least as far as I know...). No BlueTooth though. I currently use a
PCMCIA modem to connect, but it's getting a little old, and I'd like to
be able to just plug my mobile phone into the computer and dial up to
internet that way. Speed isn't important, it's only for
collecting/sending mail.

I'm fine with setting up a PPP connection, my main problem is the
connection between the phone and the computer. Provided I get hold of
the right cable, should I simply be able to plug it in, point ppp to the
serial port, and watch it go? Would I have to buy the (very expensive)
cable from the manufacturer?

Andy