Re: APM Problems with my acer travelmate 225XC

Hi,

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Madn3SS wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:59:37 +0100
> Mat <matejh@pandora.be> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I don't know if You just type as root halt, shutdown, without any options, I
> > think to halt even the power it should be with the option -h.
> > I use to stop the PC in any case "init 0" (switch to runlevel 0, which is all
> > off and power down, this normally works on all distributions/systems).
> > Hope this helps.
> > Regards
> > Matej
> >

> Damn, that doesn't work either. When I type in init 0, the system goes
> down and reboots...

Now _that_ is weird.

> what can i do? throw the laptop out of the window...? :)

Probably ;-)
I had a similar prolblem with my ACER Aspire 1300. After I installed acpi,
all worked well (except for one minor, well known problem: the battery
status can not allways be read...). Maybe you should try acpi, either with
a debian kernel (I use 2.4.20) or with a clean kernel and the acpi patches
(sourceforge). I might be that your laptop does not support apm (or is at
least unhappy when you are trying to use ist). You might also want to
check at
<www.tuxmobil.org>
for information about what does work under linux and how to get there.

cu
Joe.