Re: online/offline exim config

Lukasz Wiechec <lwiechec2@space.pl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> My dream mail configuration looks like this: while off-line, spool the
> outgoing mail into some file, and then when I'm on-line, send it in one
> run. While on-line (i.e. at work, where I have permanent connection),
> mail should be sent right away.

I use ifplugd (apt-get it) and fetchmail...

When plugged, my ifplugd config start exim to flush the queue (Exim is
configured with smarthost).

About fetchmail: When plugged, fetchmail is started to read mail from my
mail server, and stay running to fetch every xxx minutes.

When unplugged, fetchmail is stopped, just to avoid error messages.

Hope this help.

--
Well, I think Perl should run faster than C.  :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <199801200306.TAA11638@wall.org>