Re: Boot disc with a NOUSB option

Are you sure it's locking up at usb? Most problems with locking up are due
to video or scsi in my experience.  I'm not sure when (if ever) in the
2.2 series kernels you could pass options, but if you get a recent boot
disk you can pass options such as 'noscsi' to skip scsi detection - you
could certainly try "linux nousb' [or it might be along the lines of
nouhci or noohci etc - tho more likely nousb, if you search google w/ the
'linux boot noscsi' you'll likely find wherever these options come from
and get better advice than I can give you :)]

-Martin N.