Re: Q on initial partitions for 30 Gig HD

ronin2@bellatlantic.net:
> I have right now three different Linux systems on this laptop, and in
> each system I can mount that partition in /home/<me>/files and access my
> stuff.
It's is the 'exchange' idea, isn't it ?
If you intend to install an non-Unix Operating System (like Windows)
parallel, think about fat32 or sth. so that all OS' can use the stuff.

Partitioning resp. to scientific programming .... hmm.
Probably you use the laptop for home office as well.
I'd try to seperate this issues functional and physically, maybe even better
to have seperate user accounts.
What magnitude is your data and software, also.

--

                          micha.