Re: synaptic touchpad caveat !

Thomas Nyman wrote:
Just thought I'd post this so others will know. I had decided to install the synaptics driver (binery version) and had some problems. After checking the logs i noted that the binary version is compiled for Xfree version 4.2 and up. So all of you that have anything less, dont try the binaryd driver.

In the doc, they say you just need to pass -ignoreABI to XFree to use the binary with X < 4.2. It works well on my woody, exept multifinger.
busab

And now I have to figure out how to upgrade my xfree to 4.2 or 4.3, ah well a nerds work never ends :)

Thomas