Re: Thinkpad 600E CD Boot

I have the same problem with my Thinkpad i1200.  Don't know the cause,
but here's the work-around I use:

1. boot the bootable "Product Recovery CD-ROM" for your thinkpad;

2. escape from the restoration routine to a DOS prompt by pressing F2
(or maybe F3?) when the restoration program asks you for permission to
proceed;

3. from the DOS prompt, change directories to the CD (on mine it's X:);

4. remove the thinkpad CD, and insert the Debian CD;

5. find the file boot.bat (I think it's in the \install directory);

6. type boot.bat at the DOS prompt, and that should start the Debian
installation.

This also works on my wife's T20 thinpad.  Good luck.

MB