Re: tvout on a gericom laptop

> I have a gericom notebook with a ati radeon graphic card and a tvout
> port. I'm running debian (sid) with xfree86 4.2.2.

> could somebody give me an idea how i can use this tvout port? i still
> searched the web, but haven't found something usable.

apt-get install atitvout

Also, you'll need to have your laptop running at a low enough resolution
that the TV will accept the signal: < 800x600 (I use 720x576).

Depending on the video bios on your laptop, you may also need a patch
to the xfree86 radeon driver. [ Which I can provide, but not test,
since I do not have the same hardware ].

[ The patch relates to which modes the driver/bios will accept: the r128
  driver, in conjunction with the bios on my thinkpad, silently rejects
  the users modeline and uses its own, and only allows 1400x1050 (w/o
  the patch, that is): The radeon driver has v similar code, but the bios
  may not be as buggy/restricted ]