Re: troubles with my modem ;o((

Have you checked the BIOS setup for the serial ports? Maybe, it'd be a
simple BIOS configuration trouble.
no i have not.
don't really know where to do that..
but, which i thought strange:
/dev/ham has Irq 4 and I/O port 0x03f8
but, lspci -vv tells me, that the interrupt for my modem is Irq 0 (can i change that?) and I/O port is 0xc000 [0xc0ff]

Also, check for interrupts conflicts; take a look at /proc/interrupts
there are no interrupts of the modem. at irq 0 there's only the timer, at irq 4 there's nothing.

when i tried to put /dev/ham directly into /etc/wvdial.conf and then run wvdial, it makes a popping sound and everything locks, and nothing works anymore. when i try to do something like setserial /dev/ham irq 0 port 0xc000 it tells me,: cannot set serial info: Bad adress
look i feel totally stupid about all that..
all this is supposed to work, i though. i mean, other people don't have trouble with their modem, i think.
desperately,
gaia