OT: was: Subject: led.led solar lamp.cd vcd dvd mp3.car cd vcd dvd mp3.grease gun

Hi Matej !

> That's easy: because actually the file is base64 encoded HTML
> file which is (again encoded, but gzipped before, so it should be
> harmless) frameset with individual frames around the net. Take
> a look at it with less.
I see you're right. I would really like to understand this. But i don't know
how to unencode it, and neither gzip nor unzip recognize it valid, and 'less'
shows up only the same stuff as is. And, how can i view a different charset ?
Never got such to do.

> even if the downloaded stuff would be code, it is quite harmless, because
> there is no Javascript active in KMail)
True. I read it up in KHelp. There's no information about the downloading
procedure, however. I wondered if it calls one of my standard browser's,
where Javascript sometimes IS enabled.
No, sorry, still I'm suspicious. Because i do understand too less from html
and Java.
Could be some information passed anyway:  like MTA which hints the OS... at
least it validates the address and that the download works.
Leading to even more Spam ....

> One solution of this problem is to send out HTML which
> contains code for downloading visual trash through usual HTTP
> ways which are usually capable of pushing much more stuff (and it
> is not in the one moment anyway).

> Is it sufficient explanation?
Yes :) thanks.

On a permanent connection, just receiving kindoff Spam may cause even gigs of
downloads then ?  I never heard of such problem.
And one would deactivate the feature immediateley, of course ?!
I would like to, also !
In KMail, the only roughly appropriate chooser still isn't checked.  But
apparently it didn't prevent.
Ok, anyway,  i'll move to gnus for a long time now.
(yes, it's a typo, but exactly true ;-)

--

                          micha.