Re: troubles with my modem ;o((

Have you checked the BIOS setup for the serial ports? Maybe, it'd be a
simple BIOS configuration trouble.
Also, check for interrupts conflicts; take a look at /proc/interrupts
with and without loading the modem driver modules. e.g. my (stupid)
modem don't work with the soundcard modules loaded due to an interrupt
sharing trouble, and even if I rmmod on-the-fly there's no chance. I
have to remove the sound modules entries from /etc/modules and reboot.
If I remember correctly, there should be a section about interrupt
problems in the Serial HOWTO, maybe could help.

Good luck.

--
Samuele Catusian                  -o)      ,''`.