Re: CompactFlash PC Card Adapter

When I tried that combination, I couldn't use my Orinoco wireless card. When I tried to insert the module I got "unresolved symbols" errors. When I tried to apt-get the newer pcmcia-cs sources, I discovered the dependency on libc6.

The change in pcmcia-cs did in fact take place. And it's also true that pcmcia-cs in sid depends on the new (broken) libc6. What you and I may not agree on is whether that makes a difference.

It may be that for your card it doesn't make a difference, but for my card it does.

Can you think of another reason for the difference in our experience? If you can please let me know; I'd like to be aware of all the possibilities.

Kevin