Re: Hibarnation / lphdisk / Destroyed MBR (solved)

* Cesar Rincon <crincon@et.com.mx> [2003-02-13 14:19] :
> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 00:50, mi wrote:
> > Hi Nils Anders, Ceasr and whoever's interested !

[...]

> I'm almost sure that W2K implements hibernation in its kernel, bypassing
> the BIOS.  There is a project for doing the same on Linux:
>
>   http://falcon.sch.bme.hu/~seasons/linux/swsusp.html

[...]

> The page includes patches for kernels 2.4.10 and 2.5.1 (among other,
> older, versions).  I don't know if it would work on a debianish 2.4.18
> or 2.4.20, but I think I'll give it a go when I can spare some time.

The official page for swsusp is :

http://fchabaud.free.fr/English/default.php3?COUNT=3&FILE0=Tricks&FILE1=Laptop&FILE2=Swsusp

with patches for latest kernels. There is also a SF project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/swsusp). It seems that the swsusp
patches are made to work with specific ACPI patches that you can find
there (http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi). Be sure to use pristine
kernel sources from kernel.org as I have heard of problems with
patching Debian kernel sources.

HTH

Fred