Re: WordPerfect on TP770: libncurses4 package problem

apt-get -f install

Hadn't tried it before. This succeeded in enabling me to install the packages I
wanted.

It did, however, remove the "broken" WordPerfect Office 2000 (WPO 2000)
packages. My solution to this problem (it wasn't clear if the installation disk
for WPO 2000 was properly scanned in as an "install disk") was to "scan in" the
installation CD using

apt-cdrom add

This worked, without complaint, except I had to type in a descriptive name for
the CD. I installed the formerly broken packages by using only the name of the
"highest" broken package (wpo2000-full-std) as the option to "dpkg -i". It
"knew" what to install after, telling me that "apt-cdrom" worked properly even
though this is just an installation CD for WPO 2000.

No packages appear to be broken under dselect, except that the WordPerfect 10
application still doesn't work on the laptop.