Re: vmlinuz too big

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:09:28 +0100
Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:05, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > From: "Matej Cepl" <matej@ceplovi.cz>

> > > Guys, could you please switch to English?
> >
> > This is a public list.  Just because English is the
> > language we (mostly) have in common is no reason people
> > shouldn't use their own language.  I don't speak
> > anything else, and can't read much better, but I have no
> > problem with posts in portugese or any other language.
>
> This is a public list for English language discussions.

This is the only debian-laptop list so it is implied that
anybody can post on it, just because somebody doesn't speak
english it doesn't mean that he or she doesn't deserve help.

> If it starts getting many posts in other languages I'll
> unsubscribe.

It would be a big loss for the list and I really mean it.
But I don think that threats are the way to go here.

>I get far too many messages that aren't of
> any use to me already without having people deliberately
> flout the rules.
>
> Just think about this for 10 seconds.  Think about the
> number of languages that are used in the world and how
> useless a mailing list would be if all languages were
> represented in proportion to their use.

I'm from Argentina and luckily i can write/read english
but no everybody can and that doesn't diminish (?) their
right to get help from a FREE community.

I hope I wasn very offensive and if I was I'm truly sorry.