Re: Li-ion battery doesn't charge

On Monday 10 February 2003 18:05, Paulo Lopes wrote:
> Mark Janssen wrote:
> >On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 13:01, Paulo Lopes wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I've a Li-ion battery on my laptop that says that it's capacity is of
> >>3600mAH, but i've compiled my kernel with acpi and i've been reading the
> >>proc fs under /proc/acpi/battery/0/info and it says that my battery last
> >>charge was only of 596mAH. This is bad since i can only use my laptop
> >>during 30 minutes...
> >
> >If it's an older laptop it's probably just that the battery is dead. The
> >maximum charge on batteries becomes less with use. My own laptop only
> >lasted about 30 minutes in the end. After a battery swap (I had a spare)
> >i'm back to more then 2 hours.
>
> The laptop is a clevo 2700c with ~2 years

I have a Clevo 2700T and mine died after about a year.  It got to the point
of apparently charging fully, and then going down to about 1:04hour and
then suddenly saying that it only had 4 minutes.

I replaced it with a new 8 cell battery and I now get 3hours 40minutes which
is wonderful.  It cost #80, but it is very useful.

David