Re: Making the power button smarter?

Sebastian Henschel wrote:
this will not work if ACPI does not recognize the button, check if
/proc/acpi/button/power/PWRF/info exists.

I have no '/proc/acpi'; what do I need to have installed for it to appear? I have the 'acpi' and 'acpid' packages installed...

I do have '/proc/apm' which is a one-line file with some stats; should I use that instead somehow?

Or maybe since I have 'acpid' installed, I shouldn't have 'acpi' installed? It looks like 'acpi' is just for compatibility with the old 'apm' stuff?