Re: Mapping eth0 two ways

Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz> wrote around 28 Jan 2003
[🔎] 1043789211.5087.16.camel@kant.mcmillan.net.nz:">news:[🔎] 1043789211.5087.16.camel@kant.mcmillan.net.nz:

> I'm happy to help with setup of whereami (I'm the maintainer).

Thanks and I shall likely be asking for help. A family event has stalled my
engagement with this for the time being, but later...

> I use it myself in an environment where I get my WLAN connection through
> a PCMCIA card, but with other LANs I normally connect with the built-in
> card.
>
> 'ifplugd' integrates with whereami automatically to reconfigure when you
> plug the cable in.

'ifplugd'? Is this installed by default (a base-Debian component) or is
it a package on its own, that I need to download and install, or is it a
component of other some (non-base) package? It matters because I have to
be aware of my dependency issues in advance. Since I am not (directly,
with the Debian system in question) connected to the Internet ... oh,
my, right back around to where this starts :-).

Thanks,
   Soren A

--
"So, tell me, my little one-eyed one, on what poor, pitiful,
defenseless planet has my MONSTROSITY been unleashed?"