Re: Kernel 2.4.20 + PCMCIA not working (testing)

First thanks to those of you who suggested the yenta_socket option.
That allowed both the Debian 2.4.20-586tsc and my own custom kernel to
load the card services modules.  However, (there's always a caveat) the
throughput speed on the PCMCIA modem, which has worked very wery in all
the 2.2 kernels I've used, is very poor with rates less than 1000 B/s.

Booting the 2.2.20 Debian kernel from the Woody installation results in
normal transfer rates, however I must change /etc/default/pcmcia back to
i82365 as the rate with yenta_socket is poor.

Thus I'm inclined to think that for some reason the yenta_socket code is
to blame, but I'm tired of fighting it.  I have a working kernel plus
pcmcia-cs from a hard drive with Potato on it so I think I'll revert to
that.

Thanks again for the help.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and