Re: 2.4 kernel tweaking
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 18:30:34 +0200
From: Dietmar Nusch <dnusch@s.netic.de>

Interesting spot, anyway.  So ext2 won't get xpired too soon ...?

hth

--
michl

Hi,

I think i've solved my problem, i've been kernel hacking hehe and edited the file journal.c on: /usr/src/linux/fs/jbd/journal.c and switched the commit internal from HZ * 5 to HZ* 30

Now my laptop suspends right! i've been posting this question to APM lists and they told me that the problem could be that my suspend could take more than 5 seconds, so if i change the commit
internal to 30 seconds the suspend process should be over at that time!

Probably there's a better way to change the timeout instead of kernel hacking but i'm new to linux and don't know very much of it. I just looked at the code and made a tweak :-)

Thanks anyway for all your tips.

Paulo Lopes.