Re: APM and Power Savings not working...

Arne Koewing wrote:

Paulo Lopes <pmml@netvita.pt> writes:

Hi,

I've installed debian woody on my laptop and recompiled the kernel
with APM on boot but it seams not to be working correctly.

Under X when the laptop is inactive for a while, the laptop seams to
enter the APM standby mode, but (don't know why) right after the LCD
and the disk is stoped, my disk starts to spin again and the standby
is aborted.

I need the maximum time of batery i can get, because i use my laptop
on the move, and my batery sucks and only lasts for 1 and a half
hour...
It's a Clevo 2700C

I've switched my root FS from ext2 to ext3 can this be the problem?
i think i've read something about ext3 writing regularly someting to
disk so this could be your problem (did it work with ext2?)

arne

Well i can't tell that for shure, i think it worked well, but i've upgraded my system with XFree86 4.2.1 and KDE 3.0.5a when i switched to ext3 fs...